What you need: an old t-shirt or two, scissors, an hour...
And voila! A new-ish t-shirt scarf!
- Find old cotton t-shirts. Preferably the non-ribbed and stretchy soft variety.
- Lay the shirt out fla and cut the hem off the bottom.
- Cut the shirt into 1 to 1-1/2 inch horizontal strips from the bottom up to the arms.
- Take a few strips at a time and gently stretch them out, either with your hands, or wrap them around something wide overnight.
- After you've stretched out all the strips, you can start combining them, braiding, twisting, mixing colors, or whatever your creative, DIY heart desires.
UPDATE: Check out how I wore my own DIY t-shirt scarf here.
Many more options than shown above!